Why Am I Writing This Blog?

There's nothing more important to me than my connections with family and friends.

So in an effort to stay connected I'll be posting updates about my treatment and health here.
Of course I want to connect with you outside of this blog! But this is a quick way you can find out what's happening.

Also a request: I would appreciate it if you didn't post anything on Facebook about cancer and me.

Writing has always been a natural form of self-expression for me. So this blog is also a personal outlet, one I'd like to share with you.

December 13, 2012

Ready For Healing

Merry Christmas at the Conservatory
Today I finished radiation therapy. It feels great to check that one off!

The affected area has gotten more and more sore, and because I try not to complain in the blog too much or get too graphic, I'll just sum up my experience in one word:

Ouch.

But it's going to get better soon, so I'm not letting it get me down very much. Plus I'm going out for a celebratory cocktail with my sister-in-law tonight, so I have that to look forward to.

There's always something to look forward to.

I sense a few "how this experience has changed me" posts coming sometime, but for now I'm focusing on healing, readying myself for the next step, and enjoying each and every day to the absolute fullest.

No comments:

Post a Comment