Waiting for the phone call with biopsy results is a pretty agonizing experience, and I'm glad it's over.
The Good News
There's no evidence of cancer in the left breast! This is a big relief. I need to go back in six months for an ultrasound and MRI to see if there are any changes.
Also, there's no need for an MRI-guided biopsy on either side.
The Bad News
There is more infiltrating ductal carcinoma in the right breast, so I don't have the option of lumpectomy and radiation - it will need to be mastectomy.
This is all the new information I have at this point. I have a phone consultation with Dr. C, the breast surgeon, on Friday. I assume she'll have some information for me about what the pathology reports say.
And like I've said, when I get results from the BRCA tests (by March 16 hopefully) and meet with the plastic surgeon (March 19), I'll have key information I need to make additional decisions.
So today I'm focusing on the fact that I have one less thing to worry about than I did yesterday. I can work with that.
Why Am I Writing This Blog?
There's nothing more important to me than my connections with family and friends.
So in an effort to stay connected I'll be posting updates about my treatment and health here. Of course I want to connect with you outside of this blog! But this is a quick way you can find out what's happening.
Also a request: I would appreciate it if you didn't post anything on Facebook about cancer and me.
Writing has always been a natural form of self-expression for me. So this blog is also a personal outlet, one I'd like to share with you.
So in an effort to stay connected I'll be posting updates about my treatment and health here. Of course I want to connect with you outside of this blog! But this is a quick way you can find out what's happening.
Also a request: I would appreciate it if you didn't post anything on Facebook about cancer and me.
Writing has always been a natural form of self-expression for me. So this blog is also a personal outlet, one I'd like to share with you.
No comments:
Post a Comment