I've been spending a lot of time thinking about and researching reconstruction. I've talked to some friends of friends who are done with BC about their decisions and it's been really helpful.
I also know a physical therapist who specializes in working with women after breast surgery and I asked her a bunch of questions about how the healing works with the different kinds of surgery.
The plastic surgeon's office sent me a bunch of resources to look at about how to decide about reconstruction, details about the options, and video testimonials from all kinds of women who chose different options for different reasons. I meet with the plastic surgeon tomorrow for a consultation and am bringing my posse, Mom and B.
My particular options will be related to what kind of treatment I'm going to need (especially important to reconstruction is whether I'll need to have radiation, which I have no idea about at this time). I hope to learn some useful info tomorrow.
Since I've been immersed in this stuff for a while, I'm no longer completely grossed out by the discussions about what the different surgeries entail. But I'm aware that I could tread way into "TMI" territory here with you, so I'll give you some warning if things are going to get a little graphic.
It just would be way easier if this were all about my wrist or some other non-personal body part. I thought about this when I started the blog, whether I was really going to commit to revealing a whole lot about something that I don't reveal at all under normal circumstances.
But whatever. Whenever it becomes a little much for you, just stop reading!
And if a group of friends and acquaintances all know what kind of surgery and cancer treatment I've had, that's still OK with me.
I have a very full week this week so I may not get a post up about the surgeon's visit until later in the week.
And thank you thank you for your continued support and well wishes! They still mean so much.
Why Am I Writing This Blog?
There's nothing more important to me than my connections with family and friends.
So in an effort to stay connected I'll be posting updates about my treatment and health here. Of course I want to connect with you outside of this blog! But this is a quick way you can find out what's happening.
Also a request: I would appreciate it if you didn't post anything on Facebook about cancer and me.
Writing has always been a natural form of self-expression for me. So this blog is also a personal outlet, one I'd like to share with you.
So in an effort to stay connected I'll be posting updates about my treatment and health here. Of course I want to connect with you outside of this blog! But this is a quick way you can find out what's happening.
Also a request: I would appreciate it if you didn't post anything on Facebook about cancer and me.
Writing has always been a natural form of self-expression for me. So this blog is also a personal outlet, one I'd like to share with you.
Hang in there! Hope this is a week of answers for you.
ReplyDelete