Well, it's "Go-Time" tomorrow.
I check into the hospital bright and early at 7:00 am. Sometime after that I'll go to nuclear medicine for the isotope injection thing. Surgery is scheduled for 11:30 am, and I should be done by 2:00 or 2:30. I'll be discharged from the hospital sometime on Tuesday.
B. will be with me before and after surgery. My mom is coming to our house at 6:30 am tomorrow. She'll get the kids off to school and will be there after school and into the evening. She'll do much the same thing on Tuesday.
A friend of mine is walking our dog in the afternoons this week and another friend has offered to do some evening walks. Yet another friend is bringing over dinner for my mom and the kids tomorrow. And there are more dinners lined up in the next couple of weeks.
I've been showered with very kind and thoughtful words, cards and gifts from many people this week. It's very powerful to have so much loving, supportive energy beaming at me all at once. If I haven't officially thanked you, please know that I really appreciate your thoughtfulness. I have an incredible feeling of being lifted up.
I'm starting to learn what it's like to allow a village to take care of me for a while.
Getting the Word Out
B. will call our parents when he hears that I'm out of surgery and am OK. Then our brothers will get the news.
B. plans to post news on this blog as soon as he can. I'm not sure whether this will be tomorrow or the next day. So don't assume that no news is bad news!
If in the next few days this blog doesn't get updated and you just can't stand it and want to talk to someone about what's going on, you can call or text B. on his cell phone or contact our parents, brothers or sisters-in-law. You can try B. on our home phone, too. Don't hesitate to get in touch! If it's not a good time, B. won't answer the phone. No big deal.
How I'm Doing
I won't deny it - I'm nervous about tomorrow. How could I not be? And I'm nervous about what lies ahead beyond recovering from surgery, whatever that turns out to be.
But I'm also very focused on preparing my mind and body for tomorrow. I'm thinking very strong and positive thoughts. I'm drinking a lot of water. I'm having a day that isn't too busy or taxing. We're going to a nursery in a little while to pick out some plants, which should be pretty relaxing as long as the kids don't whine too loudly about how bored they are.
Tomorrow is both an ending and a beginning; it's going to be one of those Notable Dates in my life. I'll be thinking about you all and receiving all your supportive energy.
Why Am I Writing This Blog?
There's nothing more important to me than my connections with family and friends.
So in an effort to stay connected I'll be posting updates about my treatment and health here. Of course I want to connect with you outside of this blog! But this is a quick way you can find out what's happening.
Also a request: I would appreciate it if you didn't post anything on Facebook about cancer and me.
Writing has always been a natural form of self-expression for me. So this blog is also a personal outlet, one I'd like to share with you.
So in an effort to stay connected I'll be posting updates about my treatment and health here. Of course I want to connect with you outside of this blog! But this is a quick way you can find out what's happening.
Also a request: I would appreciate it if you didn't post anything on Facebook about cancer and me.
Writing has always been a natural form of self-expression for me. So this blog is also a personal outlet, one I'd like to share with you.
No comments:
Post a Comment