I was hoping never to write in this blog again.
A routine breast MRI a couple of weeks ago incidentally detected something on my liver that required further investigation. An ultrasound last Friday confirmed the presence of two solid masses. These are new since my last CT scan in May 2012 (which was after surgery and before chemo).
I had a CT scan this morning to see if there's anything else funky going on. Luckily there is nothing amiss anywhere else. But there are five masses in my liver (the ultrasound missed three of them).
Monday I'm scheduled for a liver biopsy, and then when the pathology report is back from that (I don't know how long I'll need to wait), we'll have more facts.
My oncologist suspects a recurrence of the breast cancer I had last year. But we don't know anything for sure yet.
I'll have a visit with my oncologist on Tuesday to touch base, even though biopsy results won't be back by then. I'm also lining up 2nd and 3rd opinion oncologists (in anticipation of needing a treatment plan), and having a couple of additional tests.
How I'm Doing
The last couple of weeks (and especially the last week) have been extremely difficult for me. As you might imagine, fear and grief have been frequent visitors. It's pretty exhausting.
But I've been reaching back into my old bag of tricks for getting through this kind of crap, and that involves talking to several key members of my tribe, walking, meditation, distractions, enjoying my family, and taking the occasional lorazepam.
I'll keep you posted.
Why Am I Writing This Blog?
There's nothing more important to me than my connections with family and friends.
So in an effort to stay connected I'll be posting updates about my treatment and health here. Of course I want to connect with you outside of this blog! But this is a quick way you can find out what's happening.
Also a request: I would appreciate it if you didn't post anything on Facebook about cancer and me.
Writing has always been a natural form of self-expression for me. So this blog is also a personal outlet, one I'd like to share with you.
So in an effort to stay connected I'll be posting updates about my treatment and health here. Of course I want to connect with you outside of this blog! But this is a quick way you can find out what's happening.
Also a request: I would appreciate it if you didn't post anything on Facebook about cancer and me.
Writing has always been a natural form of self-expression for me. So this blog is also a personal outlet, one I'd like to share with you.
No comments:
Post a Comment