Yeah, I know the name is corny. But it beats "Heather's Homies" and "Heather's Honchos", two stellar ideas contributed by B. and M. for what to name the online group we set up through Lotsa Helping Hands.
So Team Heather it is. If you're in our city and want to know about meals, rides, and whatever else we think of that would be helpful, you can go to https://www.lotsahelpinghands.com/c/710014/ and request to join the community. Then after you're "approved" you'll receive instructions on how to sign in.
You can check the calendar on the website showing what we're asking for and sign up for anything that works for you.
I'm glad to have learned about this website because I think it will make it easy to ask for support, even with little notice, without feeling like we're putting anyone on the spot. (I won't hesitate to go ahead and put family and close friends on the spot, however!)
If you know someone who might be interested in helping out sometime, please feel free to share the above link. I don't think I can have too many people in this group - the more the merrier.
How I'm Doing
I continue to do very well after the first chemo treatment. It's been wonderfully uneventful. Also the trip that B. and I took a week or so ago was incredibly relaxing and a true vacation. You parents especially understand the difference between a vacation and a family trip. This was a vacation!
Not going to the medical center in the past two weeks has certainly helped me get back into "regular" life and feel less like a full-time patient with a really depressing diagnosis.
So I'm savoring the good times and moving through this, step at a time.
Why Am I Writing This Blog?
There's nothing more important to me than my connections with family and friends.
So in an effort to stay connected I'll be posting updates about my treatment and health here. Of course I want to connect with you outside of this blog! But this is a quick way you can find out what's happening.
Also a request: I would appreciate it if you didn't post anything on Facebook about cancer and me.
Writing has always been a natural form of self-expression for me. So this blog is also a personal outlet, one I'd like to share with you.
So in an effort to stay connected I'll be posting updates about my treatment and health here. Of course I want to connect with you outside of this blog! But this is a quick way you can find out what's happening.
Also a request: I would appreciate it if you didn't post anything on Facebook about cancer and me.
Writing has always been a natural form of self-expression for me. So this blog is also a personal outlet, one I'd like to share with you.
No comments:
Post a Comment