Quick update using my phone app to write this.
I was scheduled for a new chemo regimen today - herceptin (have had this before) plus Doxil (aka liposomal doxorubicin). Earlier I posted that I was going to do Navelbine, but my doctor and I decided Friday to go with Doxil first.
I had a severe allergic reaction to the Doxil so that was abruptly discontinued. Thanks to Benadryl and a pain med the reaction was quickly managed, and I'm totally fine.
That was really freaky and not fun. But the nurses were completely on top of it and an oncologist came over right away, so I was in good hands.
Tomorrow I'll have an appointment with my oncologist to see what the next step is.
I had my first Zometa infusion today, and that will be every 4 weeks. This is a medication that prevents calcium loss and keeps bones stronger. Ironically it can cause bone, joint and muscle pain.
On Saturday I began taking Femara, a medication that suppresses estrogen. That goes along with my monthly "hey you're now post-menopausal" injections. So far I've done very well with those - no big deal.
So that's the latest from Great Aunt Edna, who has trapped you again at the buffet table to go on about her health problems!
I had a wonderful weekend with my best friends from college and a great family dinner last night at B's brother and sister-in-law's house. The weather is good, I've got a good book going, and am free to go take a nap now.
No comments:
Post a Comment