Why Am I Writing This Blog?

There's nothing more important to me than my connections with family and friends.

So in an effort to stay connected I'll be posting updates about my treatment and health here.
Of course I want to connect with you outside of this blog! But this is a quick way you can find out what's happening.

Also a request: I would appreciate it if you didn't post anything on Facebook about cancer and me.

Writing has always been a natural form of self-expression for me. So this blog is also a personal outlet, one I'd like to share with you.

May 20, 2014

Yet Another New Plan

Well, since Doxil is something I'm severely allergic to, we're leaving it behind. Although I'm bummed to take off the table a drug that could be effective against the cancer, I do highly value breathing. So we're switching plans.

It will be Navelbine + Herceptin, beginning June 9. Those are also infusions at the medical center, as opposed to pills at home.

I developed a fever in the middle of the night last night (not bad but at the level where I need to go in to see if I have an infection). At 5:30 this morning B took me in to Urgent Care and long story short, I don't have an infection. That took 2 1/2 hours and a bunch of tests to conclude. The fever is probably from one or both of the drugs I received yesterday. 

So it's been kind of an exhausting 24 hours, and I'm taking it totally easy today. 

There are various appointments ahead - a bone scan May 27 to get the whole bone story, a heart scan (aka MUGA) on June 6, which I've had about 8 times before and is standard when one is on Herceptin, and another fun "Menopause Now" injection at the end of this month. (That really wasn't too bad but I will spare you some of the weird details about it).

I wanted to get this update out, and now I will go on to something completely unrelated to medical treatments, like a walk, my book, Wordament (a Boggle-like game on my phone), and maybe some bad TV later tonight!

3 comments:

  1. Heather, thank you so much for posting updates. I look for them often and really want to know what's going on with your treatment, etc. (And no, you are not trapping any of us at the buffet table. Ha!) Can you play Wordament with others or just by yourself? What book are you reading now? Send an email, if you want to take it offline. LOVE you, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to know what book you are reading too:)

    ReplyDelete