Why Am I Writing This Blog?

There's nothing more important to me than my connections with family and friends.

So in an effort to stay connected I'll be posting updates about my treatment and health here.
Of course I want to connect with you outside of this blog! But this is a quick way you can find out what's happening.

Also a request: I would appreciate it if you didn't post anything on Facebook about cancer and me.

Writing has always been a natural form of self-expression for me. So this blog is also a personal outlet, one I'd like to share with you.

June 11, 2012

Greetings from Oncology Infusion

Just a quick post to tell you that the chemo today is going without a hitch. I've been given tons of information about what to do and take to minimize side effects. I've learned that Friday will probably be my "lowest" day this week and 7-10 days from now I will probably be very tired.

B. is here with me. It's not a quick process - I get a blood draw, consult with the doctor, wait for blood results and get hooked up for one drug at a time (3 drugs in all). Today I'm here for 6 hours total. It will be a little faster next time.

Good thing there's wi-fi. I'm posting this as I receive the last of the chemo drugs for today. Then it's home for a walk and a nice dinner made by a friend.

I'll keep you posted.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Heather!

    Thinking of you. Here's something to watch. Great fun....

    Love you!
    Beth

    http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=ab9i0s4WEY0&feature

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beth, fantastic video! Lovely compilation. And the song can't be beat. Thanks for sharing it!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete