Why Am I Writing This Blog?

There's nothing more important to me than my connections with family and friends.

So in an effort to stay connected I'll be posting updates about my treatment and health here.
Of course I want to connect with you outside of this blog! But this is a quick way you can find out what's happening.

Also a request: I would appreciate it if you didn't post anything on Facebook about cancer and me.

Writing has always been a natural form of self-expression for me. So this blog is also a personal outlet, one I'd like to share with you.

June 19, 2012

Hanging In There

I just wanted to let you know that I'm busy doing my "dealing with the first chemo thing" and am hanging in there.

The first few days were pretty easy, Saturday I had to lay low all day, and since then it's been up and down.

In a nutshell I've had to spend a lot of time experimenting with what kind of food intake works, and there have been a couple of minor side effects to respond to. It takes a lot of my attention and energy, and that's frustrating and kind of depressing.

Even though I knew I'd be required to pay close attention to what my body needs and respond to that (even if it means missing out on things I'd much rather be doing), in practice it takes some getting used to. It's taking me some time to just go with what is and let it be. So there have been fresh waves of general anxiety and grief these last few days, too. So much fun.

I'm doing my best to stay positive and keep up my strength - my two primary jobs. B. and the kids are taking care of all kinds of family life details.

Thanks all for your well wishes, your funny links, your surprise cookies, your dinners, your Words With Friends games, your friendship and support. Don't hesitate to be in touch, and if I don't get back to you right away, don't worry. It's just taking some time getting the hang of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment