I learned today that the CT scan shows the cancer is getting bigger in the liver, and unfortunately there are now two spots on my spinal column in the bone. They are very small and are not causing me any pain. But of course this is not the news I wanted to hear.
I'm to go off the current chemo pills starting now, and next Friday, May 16 I'm going to go on Herceptin (which I've had before and is easy) and Navelbine, which is supposed to be generally well tolerated. I'll have infusions weekly for two weeks, then off for a week. Looks probable that I'll keep my hair.
I'll also get an infusion of Zometa every three weeks, which is a support medication to decrease complications caused by bone metastasis.
So even though Tykerb and Xeloda didn't work for me, it doesn't mean that Herceptin and Navelbine won't either. Everyone is different, so we just try different plans and see what works. There are more options available after this, too.
Now on to the weekend, Mother's Day, my birthday, and all that good stuff.
Hi H. My heart goes out to you and your beautiful family. Every time I see a new post, I hope for good news. You have such a positive outlook and you are truly an inspiration to everyone on how to handle adversity. I am thinking of you today - on Mother's Day - and I hope that you can enjoy your special day. Wishing you well...Pete
ReplyDeletePete, thank you! I had a great Mother's Day and it's a beautiful day here today, so feeling good.
Delete-Heather