| Back to the Conservatory |
My liver function tests have been abnormal for months but not to a point that I couldn't accept chemo. Now there are a couple of "worrisome" numbers.
Yesterday I met with my oncologist and she is having me take two medications (both are pills I take at home): Aromacin (an aromatase inhibitor that lowers estrogen levels in postmenopausal women) and Afinitor. Neither of these are chemotherapy and my doctor has seen positive results with these drugs in some patients like me.
This is also the course of treatment that the oncologist I've seen at the cancer research center recommends.
So this is a week by week (or day by day) experience now. I'm hoping the particularly troublesome liver tumor shrinks and my liver function improves.
I continue to feel good on some days and not as good on others. It varies quite a bit.
No comments:
Post a Comment