Two treatments down, four to go!
Like last time, yesterday's chemo treatment was long but uneventful. I played Words with Friends a lot. I chatted with B. I got help from the nurses creating a new strategy to keep my digestive system happier. It was especially great to come home to a wonderful dinner cooked by a neighbor.
That last week before the treatment I felt pretty well back to normal. That was really great for my morale. Fatigue can accumulate as the treatments go on, but the other side effects come and go. So that will be useful for me to keep in mind.
Sometimes I'm just living a pretty regular life and sometimes I've got to make accommodations for this chemo thing. It's still hard to make caring for myself the top priority. I need to exercise every day, rest when I'm tired, have the right food around, remember the medications, go to appointments, etc. This means I'm not as "productive" in the way I'm used to thinking about productivity. But really this is an important job, keeping myself in good shape during this body-depleting stage.
You've been so great with your emails, calls, coffees, dinners, and well wishes. I feel so happy to stay connected with you - thanks!
Why Am I Writing This Blog?
There's nothing more important to me than my connections with family and friends.
So in an effort to stay connected I'll be posting updates about my treatment and health here. Of course I want to connect with you outside of this blog! But this is a quick way you can find out what's happening.
Also a request: I would appreciate it if you didn't post anything on Facebook about cancer and me.
Writing has always been a natural form of self-expression for me. So this blog is also a personal outlet, one I'd like to share with you.
So in an effort to stay connected I'll be posting updates about my treatment and health here. Of course I want to connect with you outside of this blog! But this is a quick way you can find out what's happening.
Also a request: I would appreciate it if you didn't post anything on Facebook about cancer and me.
Writing has always been a natural form of self-expression for me. So this blog is also a personal outlet, one I'd like to share with you.
No comments:
Post a Comment