I'm very careful about what I publish online in my name. There is quite a bit from me professionally that you can find but I keep the personal stuff fairly well controlled.
I went back and forth about whether I was willing to put any of this personal information on the Internet. But a blog is just so convenient. And setting up approved readers, email address by email address just seemed like a big pain.
So I've set up a separate Google account that's associated with this blog, am not including my last name, and am not using real names of family and friends. Maybe that's overkill and I'll change my mind about this tomorrow.
Although my cancer diagnosis is not a secret, I also do not want it published on Facebook. I won't be tweeting you and all my followers from my medical appointments, either!
I appreciate your help in keeping my name and breast cancer from appearing together in a Google search. And I'll let you know if I stop caring so much about Internet privacy.
If you know someone who might be interested in visiting this blog, please feel free to send them the URL.
Why Am I Writing This Blog?
There's nothing more important to me than my connections with family and friends.
So in an effort to stay connected I'll be posting updates about my treatment and health here. Of course I want to connect with you outside of this blog! But this is a quick way you can find out what's happening.
Also a request: I would appreciate it if you didn't post anything on Facebook about cancer and me.
Writing has always been a natural form of self-expression for me. So this blog is also a personal outlet, one I'd like to share with you.
So in an effort to stay connected I'll be posting updates about my treatment and health here. Of course I want to connect with you outside of this blog! But this is a quick way you can find out what's happening.
Also a request: I would appreciate it if you didn't post anything on Facebook about cancer and me.
Writing has always been a natural form of self-expression for me. So this blog is also a personal outlet, one I'd like to share with you.
No comments:
Post a Comment