Well my week "off" is officially over. It was very nice while it lasted.
Tomorrow I have a breast MRI, which is something they like to do for the under-50 set who have infiltrating breast cancer. It's supposed to be done during a particular time in one's cycle, which for me is this week.
I've never had an MRI. I think it's going to be loud. They're going to inject a dye. I believe I get anti-anxiety medication beforehand because I answered, "Yeah, a little" to the question, "Are you claustrophobic?" The MRI will give the surgeons a more complete, 3-D picture of what's going on. I'm hoping they'll be bored with the results.
I'm starting to regret watching all those episodes of House over the years. (The MRI is a classic time for a patient on that show to crash. As are all other times.) OK, I know I'm not going to crash. I also know that I'm not going to watch House again for a very long time. I'm on an exclusive diet of fluffy, escapism TV. Have you seen The Voice? How about Revenge?
Wednesday I meet with my 2nd opinion surgeon, ironically before I meet with the 1st opinion surgeon on Thursday. I guess it doesn't much matter which order I go in. B. and my mom will be with me for both appointments so that later I don't have to remember everything or translate it all for them.
I guess I have four appointments this week, because I have a phone consultation with my PCP (that's primary care physician) late Thursday afternoon to go over this week's highlights.
This mug was a recent and very appropriate gift from a dear friend of mine. The accompanying chocolate vanished within 24 hours (we are all chocoholics here!)
Reminding myself to keep calm, hearing from others that I'm going to get through it, that I'm going to be fine, that everything's going to be OK - it all helps. A physician friend of mine told me that a positive attitude really does affect outcomes. So I'm giving it all I've got to stay positive.
I tend to wait to post in the blog until I can achieve some level of measure in my writing. So in that way it's a bit sanitized for your reading consumption. I'm finding people to turn to in my completely unmeasured moments, however, which is essential.
Why Am I Writing This Blog?
There's nothing more important to me than my connections with family and friends.
So in an effort to stay connected I'll be posting updates about my treatment and health here. Of course I want to connect with you outside of this blog! But this is a quick way you can find out what's happening.
Also a request: I would appreciate it if you didn't post anything on Facebook about cancer and me.
Writing has always been a natural form of self-expression for me. So this blog is also a personal outlet, one I'd like to share with you.
So in an effort to stay connected I'll be posting updates about my treatment and health here. Of course I want to connect with you outside of this blog! But this is a quick way you can find out what's happening.
Also a request: I would appreciate it if you didn't post anything on Facebook about cancer and me.
Writing has always been a natural form of self-expression for me. So this blog is also a personal outlet, one I'd like to share with you.
No comments:
Post a Comment