My appointment with a breast surgeon for a consultation is scheduled for next Thursday, Feb. 16.
Instead of feeling stressed that I have more waiting around to do until I get more information, I'm actually relieved to have some time when there's not a whole lot for me to do around this. I have a few items to look into and prepare, but it's not a big rush.
Last night was my first uninterrupted night of sleep since January 11. I'm focusing on work a lot more than last week and feel like I'm refueling and recharging a bit after a period of prolonged stress. My whole system has been on high alert for too long and I welcome this bit of a break.
Definitely one of the best pieces of advice I've received so far is to stay off the Internet (relative to breast cancer topics). I haven't found this difficult at all. At this moment I'm more interested in what my doctors have to say about my particular situation than I am educating myself about anything and everything.
Another reason it's been easier to relax is that our weather has been unseasonably warm and sunny. January was extra gloomy around here this year.
Why Am I Writing This Blog?
There's nothing more important to me than my connections with family and friends.
So in an effort to stay connected I'll be posting updates about my treatment and health here. Of course I want to connect with you outside of this blog! But this is a quick way you can find out what's happening.
Also a request: I would appreciate it if you didn't post anything on Facebook about cancer and me.
Writing has always been a natural form of self-expression for me. So this blog is also a personal outlet, one I'd like to share with you.
So in an effort to stay connected I'll be posting updates about my treatment and health here. Of course I want to connect with you outside of this blog! But this is a quick way you can find out what's happening.
Also a request: I would appreciate it if you didn't post anything on Facebook about cancer and me.
Writing has always been a natural form of self-expression for me. So this blog is also a personal outlet, one I'd like to share with you.
No comments:
Post a Comment